There are so many things I love about the Tuscany region of Italy, that I consider it my top destination for honeymoons in Europe. And there is nothing I love more than crafting a perfect honeymoon experience. There are two main ways you can do Italy— spend your time seeing a lot, or take your time having an experience. For couples who appreciate the ability to soak in the true essence of Tuscany, and create lasting memories of special moments within a trip customized specifically for you, consider the following outline as a sneak peek into my version of la dolce vita.
Begin in Florence…
Where you’ll stay: Hotel Brunelleschi
- You’re exquisite hotel in Florence is the perfect base for romance and relaxation. Consider splurging on The Tower Suite, with panoramic views of Florence and an unbeatable view of the Duomo, this room is a one-of-a-kind masterpiece.
What you’ll do:
- Spend an afternoon with your private guide as they show your the beautiful intricacies of Florence, from exquisite art galleries and architecture to elegant gardens and gothic cathedrals.
- Catch the sunset from Piazza Michelangelo for the picture postcard views of the City.
- The best Florentine steak of your life? That can be found at Trattoria Gozzi, a historical trattoria located in San Lorenzo square, run by many generations of the Gozzi family. It’s small, it’s authentic, and it’s only open for lunch. That just means more time to walk off the calories.
- Stroll the cobblestoned streets and have your photo taken from the bridge opposite the Ponte Vecchio.
- Grab a gelato at Eduardo. The smell of freshly made cones will guide you to this popular stop right near the Duomo. Grab a triple scoop to share, and sit down on one of the benches to admire the Duomo lit up at night.
- Have a private driver take you on a day trip to Assissi. This hilltop town is boasting with medieval art and magnificent churches, and is a perfect place to spend the day exploring. Stop for lunch at Nun Assisi Relais and Spa Museum. The restaurant onsite is fantastic and looks out over the village to provide some of the most incredible views.
- Grab a couple pizzas from Gusta Pizza and a bottle of wine with a few plastic cups. Order it to go, and sit on the steps of Santa Croce as you devour the best pizza in Florence. Trust me on this.
Next, pick up your rental car and head to Tuscany…
Where you’ll stay: Castel Monastero
- Incredibly romantic restored castle with beautiful views of the countryside. A stay in the Royal Suite gives you your own private haven, in complete harmony with the surroundings.
What you’ll do:
- Wine tasting in one of the most spectacular, untouched landscapes in Italy: the Crete Senesi. Taste some of the most spectacular wines of the Chianti region, and visit a small medieval village set in the hills.
- See the region by bike, and head off on your custom designed tour of the region with a private guide, and packed picnic lunch to stop and enjoy along the way.
- Spend a day in Bagno Vignoni, an intimate spa town gifted with natural thermal waters flowing from volcanic springs.
- A romantic dinner at your own luxury hotel puts you in the capable hands of Master Chef Gordon Ramsay. An intimate dinner at La Cantina provides you with simple, local dishes paired with some of the best Tuscan wine available. Yes, please.
- Relax with nothing on the agenda. The beauty of the Tuscan countryside is that simply being there is enjoyment enough. If you were to spend the entire day sitting outside enjoying the view, it would be a day well spent.
If you are wanting to create your version of the perfect honeymoon or romantic escape to Tuscany, I would love to help you put that together. Contact me to start planning your own la dolce vida.
For couples who aren't sure if Italy is quite right for their perfect honeymoon, I've got you covered! CLICK HERE to discover what your perfect honeymoon destination might be.