Are you a travel agent?
Yes. And no. What I do encompasses the duties of a traditional travel agent, however, what I offer goes far beyond the booking of travel components. My business acts as your personal concierge service. I am personally involved in assuring all aspects of your trip are taken care of and make sure your trip is a reflection of your personal desires.
What exactly do you do?
I work with clients from start to finish to create a customized vacation experience that is authentic and personal to who they are. It looks different for every client, but here are the main components.
- A conversation: I need to know who you are on a personal level, and then begin to understand what kind of experience you’re looking for.
- Research: You might not not anything besides the fact that you want to go “somewhere.” We can start with the destination, and find a place that is an ideal match for the experience you want to have and the authentic encounter you’re looking for. Wherever you’re at in the process, I meet you there.
- Ideal Accommodations: Whether it’s a unique boutique hotel, luxury resort, bed and breakfast, private villa, all-inclusive resort, intimate river cruise, or a treehouse in the middle of the rainforest… the options are completely dependent on the experience you hope to have. I work hard at narrowing down the most ideal choices based on the criteria you share with me, and providing you with short, curated list. We keep going until we find the perfect fit.
- Booking all components: This includes flights, accommodations, transfers, trains, tours, special activities, and anything else that your trip requires.
- Customized itinerary: Everyone is different with their desire for specific plans vs. exploring on their own. We work together to create a detailed itinerary that is right for you, and plan all necessary details beforehand to ensure your trip covers all the tours, activities, and sightseeing you desire. And if you want to head off the beaten path, we cultivate the right space for that to happen and give you the authentic experience you’re looking for.
- Review and Finalize: Before your departure we review all components of your trip, and I equip you with the necessary documents, information, and downloads so that you are prepared, confident, and have everything you need for a successful trip.
- Point of contact: I am always available for whatever may arise before, during, and after your trip.
- Recap: Once you return I would love to hear how everything turned out. I am looking to build lasting relationships with clients and become your trusted travel advisor.
What’s the difference between booking with you and an online booking engine?
It all comes down to personal touch. Your vacation is a personal experience and what’s going to make it exceptional is you working with someone that understands what you’re looking for and cares how it turns out. I have a vested interest in every single trip I plan and I want your vacation to be amazing. I want this to be an easy, stress-free experience for you. I do all the hard work to make that happen, and I make sure you get the best value available.
Why do you charge a planning fee?
I offer incredible value for clients who use my services. Your vacation takes hours of dedicated research and planning to create a customized trip and see it through from beginning to end. This is time and energy you don’t have to expend, and the resources of someone who has expertise in this field. I am always happy to provide an initial free consultation to make sure we are a good fit and answer any questions you may have before we get started.
What type of clients do you work with?
My clients are busy and successful people who love experiencing all that the world has to offer. They are creative and dynamic individuals passionately pursing their own endeavors. Whether they are looking for true relaxation or ultimate adventure, they want it to be effortless. I work with people who deserve amazing vacations but know they don’t have the time (or patience!) to plan it all successfully, and would rather just show up and have it all unfold perfectly.
Do you plan honeymoons?
Absolutely, and I love them! A honeymoon should be a personal and unique travel experience that celebrates your first trip as Mr. & Mrs. and has all the right components so that you can create your perfect memories.
How did you get into the Travel Business?
My love of travel is a byproduct of my first career. I was a collegiate athlete in the sport of Track and Field, and continued competing as a professional after I graduated. I spent 10 years pursuing my passion all around the globe. My career as a professional athlete gave me a very fulfilling life and shaped so much of who I am today. It also took me to over 30 countries and 6 continents, and sparked my love of travel and adventure. A few years after I retired, I decided I wanted to find my way back to a career I was passionate about.
Travel is about experiences. So many of my own memorable experiences have come in places around the world I had the chance to visit. I wanted to share something I knew well with others and help them experience more of it in an authentic way. I will continue to make it a point to never stop traveling and experiencing all the world has to offer in my own life, but I absolutely love helping other people do the same.
What’s the next step?
Please feel free to reach out and contact me to chat about what comes next. I am happy to schedule a free consultation to continue answering any additional questions you may have. Otherwise, I am excited to get started and would love to hear more about your dream vacation. You can start by filling out the Trip Design Form now.